Thursday, June 21, 2012

Good Morning Sun, I am a bird.

I strolled through downtown this morning before work, and I found myself at the library. I picked up this book by Edith Head, eight time Oscar winning costume designer, and this quote was inside:

It made me feel so inspired. It's been a rough time, trying to find a job in my field that isn't something I feel or am told am "overqualified" or "not experienced enough" for. Maybe I just need to dress better.

I felt an urge of inspiration this morning, despite the oppressive heat. I think I need to go fabric shopping.

I think it helps that this summer, I read a book on the making of Breakfast at Tiffany's, and then the novella by Truman Capote. Maybe that's why I have the need to fill my closet with little black dresses and I feel slightly more glamourous.

Perhaps it's a little cliche, the girl with the Fashion Degree getting inspired by something like Breakfast at Tiffnay's, but I kind of don't care - when in doubt, refer to the classics and stick to what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment