Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What I've been up to.

So, it's post-grad life, and between searching desperately for full-time work, I've been having some fashion fun! Here are some of my current obsessions:

1. Nail Art: Here is a pic of nails that I painted to match my dress for an event I went to. I'm totally psyched that crazy 12-year-old nails are in!

2. Maxi-Dresses: At first, I wasn't too keen on the idea of maxi dresses, since I felt like they swallowed you up whole/make you look like a whale. It's all about finding the right fabric and fit, though, and now I own three that I absolutely cannot live without. Below is a picture of my modeling for local newspaper, The Express Times, wearing a Desigual dress and other fun accessories from the boutique I work at, Shuze.
Also this summer, I'm loving comfy sandals, crazy short shorts, sunglasses, tie dye, and more.

So besides modeling and events, I've been settling in to living back at home. One of the things I've been doing is going through all of my old things (TAG SALE SOON!!) I have an old bulletin board that I used in my apartment at school to put things in our kitchen like a grocery list, coupons, the mail key, etc., and painted it with some leftover yellow and blue craft paint. I figured it would be perfect for storing/displaying accessories, take a look!

Here's what I did today: I recently bought a t-shirt with Zac Efron on it. [Total impulse buy, but who could resist it at $2.99 at Hot Topic?!] I decided to shred it, which is a technique used on knits to literally shred the fabric so the texture changes and it becomes sheer. I also cut it to a crop top, removing the phrase "TGTBT" [because quite frankly, I'm not sure what it means. Either "Too Good to Be True" or "Troy gives terrific Blow...Torches." Take your pick. 






No comments:

Post a Comment