Wednesday, May 25, 2011

sewing sewing sewing

So! I have been busy with sewing projects for friends, and Mr. Rodriguez's grey corduroy pants are officially done (jokingly calling them "IUPants" because of their crimson and slate color scheme.) Here's a picture of the back:





Take note of the criss-cross belt loops, and (I'm not sure how well you can see in this picture) the "G's" on the pockets. Also, I've officially created a label name (which was actually inspired by the following tweet by @MentalDuress:

"Gonna have a pair of originals. :]"

So, with that, I present: grania_maire originals, and I'll be putting tags like the one below on my apparel. Thanks for the idea, Mike! =)


For those of you that don't know, my real name is "Grania," which is Gaelic for "Gracie." I'd like to say "you probably don't know this about me, but I'm named after a pirate." However, I know that I often tell people this because they seem to think it's really cool. I've always gone by Gracie because it's easier to pronounce, but I think, for the sake of uniqueness, I'll go back to using my real name when (not if) I make it big. Although, with a name like Grania Riess (pronounced "grah-knee-ah reese") I'll have flashbacks to my accounting professor who referred to me as "Grain'a Rice." yup. 

Anyway, enough about my name, back to sewing! =]
- G

3 comments:

  1. !! Aw. :] I will wear them always, and when people ask how I came to own such amazing pants, I shall have to name drop miss Grania. :] I can't wait to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. want to model for me sometime? That beard is runway-ready! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Any time. :] Not like I haven't before. Ohhhh, Those jeans... :]

    ReplyDelete