Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 7 – Your dream wedding.

Every little girl dreams about what her wedding is going to be like. She thinks about the flowers she wants, the dress she'll wear, the hideous things she'll force her best friends to wear, etc.

My dream wedding has changed over the years. I find myself watching shows like "Say Yes to the Dress," and wondering how I'll ever decide what kind of dress I want. It's a big decision, your wedding dress, how does anyone know when they have "the one"? I guess all I really care about for my wedding is that [1] I make myself an awesome dress, [2] that all my friends are there, [3] that the music does not include songs like "The Chicken Dance," "Cotton Eye Joe," "We Are Family," or worst of all "She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy," but that I do get to dance with my dad to "Gracie" by Ben Folds. At this point, I've only got one person in mind [4] who will be waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

Although, I will insert here that my best friend, Mark, and I decided that if neither of us are married by the time we are 37, we will be 'safety spouses,' so that we will have someone to grow old with. Later on, my friend Kevin volunteered to be my backup in case Mark couldn't make it. [Both of them I'll want at/in my wedding.]

That's pretty much all I want for my wedding. Oh, and if the priest speaks like the one in Princess Bride, I will be happy faw-ehv-ahh.

<3 -G

No comments:

Post a Comment