Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 13 – Your favorite musician and why?

My favorite musician is difficult to pinpoint, but in 30 day challenges in the past I usually talk about one musician in particular. My musical taste is vast (though I only like specific things) and if you asked me to pick a favorite song/band, we could talk all night.

But Kevin Pomorski is probably my favorite musician.

While I love Seth Avett, Ben Folds, Mark Hoppus, and the boys of Good Old War, Kevin is the one musician who as of yet has come to my apartment, unannounced, guitar in hand, to make sure I didn't feel lonely on Valentine's Day. Previous to his playing me "Atlantic City," I had not really been a huge fan on "the Boss," but it was such a sweet and touching moment that I will cherish that song for the rest of my life.

Also, Kevin is letting me be the seamstress for his band. Not only have I made him jeans, I also have [tried] selling his t-shirts, and helped him record a song. The look on his face when he's in a music store is so great, it makes me wish I could sing/play more than just a couple of chords on my dad's old ovation.

Kevin = Music Soulmate for life =]

No comments:

Post a Comment